A type of radiosurgery known as radiofrequency or radio wave surgery is based on cutting tissue with high frequency alternating current. This surgical procedure is very different form traditional electro-surgery and other types of electrocauterization because it can simultaneously cut and coagulate tissue without using any kind of physical pressure.
1.What areas can be treated using radiofrequency?
Lesions that are treated include different benign growths, warts, seborrheic keratoses and other growths on the surface of the skin.
- Face – the technique is particularly useful for growths and spots on the face since it leaves no scars and the recovery time is short.
- Armpits/chest/neck – areas often affected by growth on the skin.
- Arms – for removing different types of lesions on the skin.
2.What are the advantages of radiofrequency ablation?
- Low risk of scarring
- Minimal damage of the surrounding skin.
- No bleeding
- Minimal pain after the application of local anaesthesia